Baldwinsville Volunteer Center, Inc Baldwinsville, NY
Baldwinsville Volunteer Center, Inc
Welcome to the Baldwinsville Volunteer Center.
We are the only local community volunteer center in Onondaga County, funded 100% through community donations. Our goal is to increase volunteerism by providing volunteer matching, and nurturing new volunteer based programs and initiatives.
If you are looking for somewhere to donate your time and talent, browse through our listing of volunteer opportunities on our website www.bvillevolunteers.org which includes programs run by the Volunteer Center, as well as opportunities with various community organizations.
To post a volunteer opportunity, call Nancy Conley at 638-0251 or email email@example.com.
Impact on Baldwinsville during 2009-2010:
- Christmas Bureau provided food, toys, clothing and household items to 162 families, 139 senior citizens and 28 group home residents for a total of 801 individuals served
- 556 trips were provided to senior citizens to medical appointments through our Senior Transportation Program
- 63 Families received Thanksgiving Baskets
- 63 Mentors were paired with school children in six of our local schools for the 2009-10 school year
- 100’s of Individuals, Groups and Businesses donated to Christmas Bureau
- A $1,000 Teen Volunteer Scholarship awarded to a college-bound senior
Programs Operated by the Baldwinsville Volunteer Center:
- Christmas Bureau
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Senior Transportation Program
- Information and Referral Helpline
-Sue McKee, 2003 Outstanding Woman Volunteer of the Year